Breanna Cooke is a body painter, graphic designer, and costumer with a passion for bringing creatures and characters to life in a variety of mediums. Originally from Toronto, Canada, Breanna has been creating all her life and earned a B.A. in Studio Art. Breanna’s experiences in bodypainting began in 2007 when she started incorporating bodypaint into her extravagant and award-winning Halloween costumes. Her bodypainting work has taken her to Living Art America’s North American Bodypainting Championships where she placed 3rd in the Professional Category in 2017, and 1st in the Emerging Artist category in 2014. She has also been a part of New York City Bodypainting Day (2015, 2016) and she was on the Horror Nights makeup team at Europa Park in Germany in 2015.
While living in St. Louis, Breanna worked with theatre and voice classes at the Center of Creative Arts (COCA) to design costumes and prop pieces for performances. She also led the costumes and props department for COCA’s summer children’s musicals, Annie and Once On This Island. Breanna has also taught at the Dallas Theater Center Summerstage theater camps teaching costume/prop workshops. As a former competitive Latin ballroom dancer and Scottish Highland dancer, Breanna brings her experience with movement and functionality to her costume pieces. Breanna currently lives in Dallas, TX, where she does graphic design, bodypainting, and creates her creature costumes.
- 2018 – 1st place Professional Artist – North American Body Paint Championships – San Antonio, TX
- 2017 – 3rd place Professional Artist – North American Bodypainting Championships – Greensboro, NC
- 2014 – 1st place Emerging Artist – North American Bodypainting Championships – Atlanta, GA
- 2014 – 1st place Novice Category – Dragon Costume (Ysera, World of Warcraft) – DragonCon – Atlanta, GA
- 2013 – 1st – Dragon costume – Stan Winston School of Character Arts Halloween Costume Contest
- 2013 – 2nd – Dragon costume – Instructables.com Halloween Costume Contest
- 2013 – 1st – Dragon costume – Dragon’s Halloween Ball costume contest – Dallas
- 2013 – 2nd SciFi/Fantasy Category – Flying Monkey (with Wicked Witch of the West) – Dallas ComicCon Fan Days costume contest
- 2013 – 1st SciFi category – Dr. Grace Augustine as Na’vi – Dallas SciFi Expo costume contest
- 2013 – guest blog writer for the Dallas Museum of Art’s Uncrated blog
- 2012 – 1st – Phoenix costume – Dragon’s Halloween Ball costume contest at Plush Lounge – Dallas
- 2012 – 1st – Phoenix costume – McFadden’s Halloween Party costume contest – Dallas
- 2012 – Semi-finalist – Instructables.com Halloween costume contest
- 2011 – 1st – Harpy costume – Creative Arts Center Halloween Art Ball costume contest – Dallas
- 2011 – 1st – Harpy costume – Gloria’s Halloween costume contest – Dallas
- 2010 – 1st – Neytiri costume – ProAm Jam West Coast Swing Competition costume content – Dallas
- Sculpting for Flat Moulds workshop with Stuart Bray
- Gore FX workshop with Stuart Bray
- Flat Moulds Workshop with Stuart Bray
- Sculpting for Prosthetics workshop with Stuart Bray
- Horror Face Painting workshop with Nick Wolfe of Evil Twin FX
- Essentials of Lifecasting workshop with Mitch Rogers at BITY Mold Supply, Dallas
- Mold Making workshop with Mitch Rogers at BITY Mold Supply, Dallas
- Advanced Special FX Techniques with ZombieSkin with Joe Glenn, creator of ZombieSkin
Design & Marketing Specialties:
- Graphic design, web design, print marketing materials, multimedia presentations, social media management, website and blog management, HTML/CSS, WordPress customization.
Visual Arts Specialties:
- Bodypainting, costume design, prop construction and painting, special effects makeup, fabric painting and dyeing, sewing and pattern-making, rhinestone application, sculpting (clay, foam, plaster, paper, thermoplastic) and mold-making, lifecasting, soldering (LEDs), performance art.