Who could resist dressing up when going to “Avatar: The Exhibition“! Since it was December, dressing up as Dr. Grace Augustine (Na’vi version) seemed like a more practical option in order to stay warm. Here are some tips for doing this costume:
I used the paints that come in the Silly Farm Pandora kit.
- 1 Kryolan Light Blue
- 1 Silly Farm Avatar Rainbow Cake
- 1 Wolfe White
- Fixative Spray
- Maroon or red tank top
- Tan safari shirt
- Tan Cargo Shorts
- Brown hiking boots
- Dark calf height socks
- hemp necklace
- Headband (long strip of light colored fabric)
1. Get dressed in your tank top and pants. If you’re planning to wear shorts and paint your legs, leave your shorts off and just carefully pull them on at the end.
2. Paint a layer of light blue all over the exposed areas. Don’t paint your hands yet.
3. Using the dark blue side of the combo cake, paint stripes on your face and arms. Allow the stripes to be a bit uneven and jagged, they’ll look more realistic this way.
4. Using the light blue side of the combo cake, paint a thin stripe down the center of each dark blue stripe. This will help give it more dimension and depth.
5. Using the white cake, paint small white dots while following the edges of the blue stripes.
6. Put on your wig, necklaces, and remaining clothes.
7. Paint your hands. Then spray yourself with fixative spray to help seal in the paint.
8. Have fun!!